A few days ago, we talked about what biometrics was, so now we will focus on its applications. What are the uses of biometrics for the shared mobility sector? What are the uses for health or events? If you also want to know the answers to these questions and many others, keep reading.
Not too long ago, biometric technology was applied to resolve very specific conflicts, but now we are beginning to discover a very different reality. We have discovered that the uses of biometrics are infinite, as well as the number of industries that can benefit from them. The financial sector, which until now was leading the race in the use of the technology, is being closely followed by health, shared mobility, events and administration.
Today, thanks to this biometric technology, processes that require identity verification or authentication can be quick and easy, non-transferable, safe and efficient. In addition to being useful and positive for the client, which cuts down on time and budget, it offers the end user an alternative that requires less effort on their part.
How is this done? Let’s look, in more detail, at how biometrics can be applied to different sectors.
- Finances: The user will be able to have full access and control over their finances, create an account or log in on their mobile, computer or ATM. They can contract products or services and consult transactions.
- Events: The user will be able to enjoy the event even before it begins, registering as a member, buying their ticket and accessing the event.
- Trips: The user will be able to organise their entire trip; buying flights, accessing the terminal, checking in at their hotel or booking rental cars.
- Shared mobility: The user will be able to continue their commitment to being green, create their profile, contract services and make use of them.
- Health: The user will be able to enjoy a healthier process, make an appointment, access their results, check their history, and more easily access the centre -whether they are a patient or an employee.
- Administration: The user will be able to request certificates, collect pensions or other aid, process registrations or renewals and access all their information.
- Telecommunications: The user will be able to comfortably carry out all the necessary operations, register as a customer, activate their line, buy articles or contract other services.